An Executive in an organization is like any ambitious person in an ocean of opportunity. Personal merit & competencies are a must, however that’s not all that is required in order to ace the corporate journey. Leadership Skills, a robust yet Adaptable Attitude, Effective Communication Skills to express ‘why, what & how’, Behavioral Skills in order to cast influence, Processes to incorporate for increased & ongoing efficiency & Strategic Thinking to evolve alternative methods and solutions so as to solve for greater planning & productivity- are some of the key attributes needed for effectively navigating a performance rich corporate marathon.
In addition to these areas- GALLUP STRENGTHS COACHING is also infused as this psychology becomes the big ‘HOW’ of what needs to done. (Please see ‘Gallup Strengths Coaching’)
Benefits of One-to-One Business Coaching
- Exclusive time & attention to the recipient
- People open up in a One-to-One setting as compared to a group setting
- Why is that important?- factors that affect performance are different, varied & personal and hence one finds it comfortable to open up about them on a One-to-One basis
- It is a journey, as change does not happen instantly. It’s comfortable to share the journey on a One-to-One as it comprises of ups & downs, break downs etc
- One can go back to the coach anytime during this journey to share anything
- Specifically when there is a break down or query or an inquiry to be made- the coach can be called or met
- The coach keeps the person on track & does not allow the person to drift from the course of actions. This eventually makes the person achieve goals
- The coach becomes a confidante, a professional available to you 24/7 as success is about 24/7 dedication
- The coach signs up with you for specific goals to be met during a specific time period. And takes you there.
- There are agreements with the coach in terms of ‘doable actions’ from both sides, i.e. you & the coach. When both happen, results happen.
- You get customized knowledge, in line with goals you have signed up for
- You will be asked to take customized actions to meet your goals
- The coach will hold your hand until you master the actions that will lead you to your goals
- The coach helps you create new habits & those habits lead you to your goals
- A coach is a one stop shop for-why to do, what to do, how to do, how much to do, when to do, where to do & all questions you may have. So a coach is a one stop shop for- customized knowledge, customized actions, solutions to everything that comes in the way & a guiding force that keeps you on track all the time!
Successful companies and successful executives use coaching to achieve their goals!
A study reported in the Manchester Review of 100 executives, from mostly Fortune 1000 companies, showed that coaching produced improvements from 22%-53% in areas such as: productivity, employee retention, quality, and organizational areas.
Public Statistics of Executive Coaching
A study of 100 executives, from mostly Fortune 1000 companies using coaching, showed executives reported the following percentage benefits from the coaching they received:
- Increased productivity – 53%
- Increased customer service – 39%
- Retention of executives – 32%
- Reduction in costs – 23%
- Increased bottom-line profitability – 22%
- Organizational strength – 48%
Statistics on the Benefits and ROI of Coaching published in the Manchester Review, 2001, Vol. 6, 1 (Jan. 16,2001)
Tangible benefits from coaching showed the following results for a large range of companies:
- New or improved skills – 50%
- Work relationships within a team – 50%
- Seeing others’ perspectives – 47%
- Clarity in work life – 43%
- Increased motivation – 43%
- Improved atmosphere – 40%
- Sales and revenue – 23%
- Obtained goals – 20%
Statistics on the Benefits of Coaching – a survey reported from Clear Coaching Limited, February 2007