Here are some facts about the Gallup Strengths Philosophy- quoted from their official website. All that you will read now on this page bears the copyright of Gallup.
In 1998, the Father of Strengths Psychology, Donald O. Clifton, Ph.D. (1924-2003), along with Tom Rath and a team of scientists at Gallup, created the online Strengths Finder assessment. In 2004, the assessment’s name was formally changed to “Clifton Strengths Finder” in honor of its chief designer.
In 2007, building on the initial assessment and language from Strengths Finder 1.0, Rath and Gallup scientists released a new edition of the assessment, program, and website, dubbed “Strengths Finder 2.0.” Rooted in more than 40 years of research, this assessment has helped millions discover and develop their natural talents.
Based on a 40-year study of human strengths, Gallup created a language of the 34 most common talents and developed the Clifton Strengths Finder assessment to help people discover and describe these talents. In 2001, the initial version of this assessment was included with the bestselling management book Now, Discover Your Strengths. The discussion quickly moved beyond the management audience of this book. The goal was to start a global conversation about what’s right with people. It appears that the world was ready to have this conversation.
QUESTIONS A CEO/AN EXECUTIVE/AN ENTREPRENEUR MUST ASK HIMSELF/HERSELF:
- Do I know my top 5 strengths?
- Do I know or do I think I know my top 5 strengths? (What is the authenticating & conclusive source/method that tells me my strengths?)
- Do I know my team members’ top 5 strengths?
- Do I know or do I think I know my team members’ top 5 strengths? (What is the authenticating & conclusive source/method that tells me my team members’ strengths?)
WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T KNOW THE ABOVE?
- I may not be able to drive him/her towards results in a manner that is appropriate, engaging & stimulating
- I may end up undermining his/her strengths
- This may directly impact the team members’ performance, morale & hence longevity in the organization
WHAT IS GALLUP STRENGTHS PSYCHOLOGY?
- There are 34 talent themes for everyone
- Top 10 are our strengths which make us achieve all we want
- There is no word called weakness in the Gallup Strengths Psychology, only- lesser strengths
- Each strength has a specific & prescribed list of actions that one needs to take to achieve optimum results
- This is a proven & tested method of success & results- post many years of research by Gallup
STRENGTHS HAVE 4 KEY DOMAINS:
For eg: a person who has 3 in ‘Executing’, 5 in ‘influencing’ & 1 each in ‘Relationship Building’ & ‘Strategic Thinking’ among top 10- will optimize performance & results through these.
HOW DOES ONE FIND OUT STRENGTHS & WAY FORWARD?
- Take an online test on https://www.gallupstrengthscenter.com/ spanning 60 minutes approximately & find out your 34 talent themes.
- Contact Mr. Manish Puri @ (+91) 965 052 2255 or firstname.lastname@example.org to understand strengths & how to make them work